Saturday, December 23, 2006

Madison Square Garden

Regular readers of this blog (yes, all three of you) have complained that I have not made any NY-related posts since I moved here in October 2006. Well, here we go.

I consider myself to be a sports enthusiast, which I define as someone with more than a general interest in most sports. (Note, this is not to be confused with my absolute passion for Football, or 'Soccer' as it is know this side on the pond). One dimension of my sports enthusiam is visiting famous sporting arenas. I am proud to have been at the following: The Old Course, St. Andrews, Scotland (Golf); Celtic vs. Blackburn, UEFA Cup 2001-02, Glasgow, Scotland (Football); Arsenal vs. Tottenham Hotspurs, Premiership 2001-02, Highbury, London (Football); England vs. India, 2002 Test, Lord's, London (Cricket); India vs. Pakistan, 1999 Test, Chepauk, Chennai (Cricket); John Higgins vs. Ronnie O' Sullivan, Scottish Masters, 2002, Glasgow, Scotland (Snooker).

The latest addition to the list was a trip to Madison Square Garden on December 11 to watch the NY Knicks play Boston Celtics. I no longer have the same level of enthusiam for bastketball as I once used to. However, being at a NBA game at the Garden was some experience. MSG really has a fantastic atmosphere - the chants of 'defence, defence' sound much better than on TV. The game itself was unspectacular, Celtics winning easily. The highlight of the evening was the presence of Wayne Rooney. I'm not sure what he was doing at a Knicks' game, but for probably the only time in my whole life, me and the Roonster were spending the evening in the same way. That, along with some overpriced beer, made the evening even more special.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home